My kids learned early that when mom needed a break, it was time for “movie theater”. Announcing the words movie theater is cue for grabbing all their pillows and blankets. Mountains of plush animals and couch cushions make their way to the living room floor for the show. One of the kids will pick their choice of movie OR mom makes them shut their eyes as she chooses something new. Thank goodness that Netflix has more choices than my son has Hot Wheels.
The blinds get closed. The lights go off. I press play and magic happens.
Everything is quiet except the TV. It’s glorious.
Now I know that there can not be a show without popcorn. My kids CAN NOT have movie theater time without popcorn. So, I’m attaching a recipe for fun yummy popcorn to enjoy during the movie.
Recipe and picture courtesy of U-Create
There are only 3 ingredients:
1. Pop your popcorn by using your favorite method. I just used the super easy microwaveable kind – Smart Pop by Orville Redenbacher is my favorite and doesn’t have very much butter. Lay out popcorn on a parchment or wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
2. Smash up the OREO cookies into little pieces.
3. Melt the chocolate candy melts in the microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Stir.
4. Pour melted chocolate on top of popcorn and sprinkle the OREO cookie pieces on top.
5. Mix all together while chocolate is still hot! Let sit for 45 minutes!
Serves: about 10 people
Netflix and OREO COOKIE POPCORN!! Are you ready for movie theater time??
Blogger’s Note: I’m given a year of Netflix in return for my fun and yummy posts about the service in my home. The popcorn recipe is just a bonus, really. Enjoy!!
if you join my mailing list, you'll get to be among the elite who are "in the know" about Netflix shows and as a BONUS hear all the crazy stories about my life as a full-time mom and part-time park ranger. Good stuff!!
WOOHOO!! You win at life and are now on my Christmas list!